Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:36:16 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Garc=EDa?= Juanino <jjuanino@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x11/kdelibs3 revamp, add OPTIONS

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

El jueves 05 de abril a las 16:32:04 CEST, Dmitry Marakasov escribi=F3:
> Hi!
>=20
> I'm one of those people who don't like extra dependencies, and I'm
> disappointed that, while it's required by many useful apps,
> x11/kdelibs3 does not provide options to disable obviously useless
> for many people functionality and, thus, additional depends (arts,
> libthai, fam, aspell, libidn etc.). I've created kdelibs3-lite
> port for myself, stripped of useless depends and I'm happy with it.
>=20
> But I wanted to know if it's worth to submit kdelibs3-lite as a PR,
> or maybe it's even possible to merge OPTIONS into kdelibs3 port (it
> could be improved even more. For example, kdelibs3-nocups support is
> rather ugly as it is).
>=20
> I would like to hear if there are more people who's for such a change,
> and general opinion of kde@ guys. Thanks.

I agree. I only use konsole, but I have to compile and to install all
the KDE in order to get it. A such port with OPTIONS will be wellcome
for many people (the same applies to kdebase3).

Regards

--=20
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/gauss

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3