Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:11:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Michael Ranner <mranner@netway.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail 8.9.3 from 3.2 strips lines in base64 parts of MIME mes

Hello there!

Sendmail 8.9.3 from FreeBSD 3.2 seems to strip lines in the base64
encoded part of a MIME message. I've tried to mail (not local delivering)
some ZIP-archives > 100k (base64 encoded - octet-stream) and sendmail 8.9.3
strips some lines in the part of the attached file.

I have the standard sendmail.cf from the installation, only DSpop.netway.at
for smart relay and DJjawa.at for masquerading are modified. The mail server is
connected to the internet via dial up ppp (isdnd, sppp, natd).

MUA: pine4, xfmail (both FreeBSD 3.2) and Netscape 4.51 (Win98). The mail
clients connect via smtp to our local mail server which relays to
pop.netway.at. If I send a mail outside our local domain the message will be
corrupted.

If I change the configuration for the mail clients to connect direct the
ISP's mail server (sendmail 8.9.1) instead of our local 8.9.3 mail server
the messages are not corrupted.

Any ideas are welcome!

cu

Michael