Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 1999 07:19:51 -0600
From:      "Bert Hiddink" <hiddink@galileo.or.cr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Subject:   Re: Setting up IP-based Virtual Hosts for FreeBSD

Hello,

On 21 Oct 99, at 17:09, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> > >From a Windows machine, I can now acces the Virtual Hosts by typing
> > >
> > on the IP-address in my browser, and this points correctly to the
> > respective directory. However, I would like this to work with the
> > Virtual Hostnames f.e. instead of using 192.168.1.12 typing directly
> > http://local.coopnetaldia.org (see the example above).
> >
> > However, I can not get did worked. What I am doing wrong here?
> > Do I need a DNS-server for this?
> >
> Either run DNS, or populate %windir%\HOSTS with the same entries.

Thanks for your reply! Could you please give me some more hints how
to either run DNS on a LAN/FreeBSD/Windows or populate %windir%\HOSTS
with the same entries?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

-brt

   Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
   Correo electronico: hiddink@galileo.or.cr
   Sitio: http://www.galileo.or.cr
   Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847