Date:      21 Jul 2003 22:46:36 -0000
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: differences in USB support between FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x ?

> 5.x seems to have much better support for USB 2.0 as well.  I have
> a SanDisk 2.0 USB compact flash reader that just works with 5.1 release.
> So far no amount of kernel hacking has made it work with 4.8.
> Unfortunetly for me I need it to work under 4.8. )-:
As a follow up to this problem report.  The problem turned out to be
the USB hub I was using on my 4.8 box. I would have sworn I tested
without the hub last week when I first had problems.  But alas I must
have dreamed I made this test.  All is well under 5.1 and 4.8 with my
SanDisk USB 2.0 compact flash reader. (-:

Larry

Larry Baird                        | http://www.gta.com
Global Technology Associates, Inc. | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 | TEL 407-380-0220, FAX 407-380-6080