Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:58:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Christoph Weber-Fahr <listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcmcia ethernet installation trouble

Hello,

recently 1 wrote here:
> I'm trying to install 2.2.7 on a Toshiba T1910
> via a Fiberline FL-4680 Ethernet card. (I have no more documentation
> on this one, but found some Linux Data claiming it to be a Tulip
> Card).
>
> I got the 2.2.7 boot-pao.flp. This one recogniszes the card
> and says it assigns it ed0.
>
> But ed0 doesn't appear in the list of available devices when choosing
> installation media.

I have now tried with the 2.2.8 based boot_pao.flp as well,
without success. It shows the same effect.

- Any hints, advice, etc? I think I have read all available
  documentation on pao (which is not that much, BTW) but maybe
  I'm missing something crucial ?

- I have not got a single response or comment to my first posting.
  Is there some Information missing, could I add further Information
  to shed light on this issue ?

- From what I've read this card could well work with pao, having a
  supported chip set. I this perception correct, or doesn't it work anyway
  since it's not expressedly listed as a supported card ?

Regards, and thanks in advance for any answer,

Christoph Weber-Fahr