Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:04:52 -0400
From:      "Wayne Spivak" <WSpivak@sbanetweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Majordomo.aliases file

Just installed Majordomo and when I try to run newaliases I get this output.

majordomo.aliases is 660 with root & daemon.

any ideas?

csc# newaliases
hash map "Alias0": unsafe map file
/usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases.db: Permission denied
WARNING: cannot open alias database /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases
Cannot create database for alias file /usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.aliases
/etc/aliases: 29 aliases, longest 111 bytes, 671 bytes total