Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:23:59 +0200
From:      Morten Grunnet Buhl <no-spam@deter.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X and toshiba Satelitte 4000CDT

Alex (freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl) wrote:
> Thursday, October 17, 2002, 6:03:54 PM, you wrote:
> MGB> f000:8083: 01 ILLIGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE
> Dear Morten,
> My guess is that this package just wasn't build for you CPU. (A higher
> type than your own. Say you got a 4x86 and they build it for a Pentium
> pro)

Hey Alex and gang,
After houres of X building :) I get the same result when trying to
run x with startx.
This is a confusing problem for me, because theres no errors in the X
log files..

The only thing I can think of as a problem causer is my video card
options as show here:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ct65555"
    Driver      "chips"
    VendorName  "C&T"
    BoardName   "65555"
    VideoRam    2048
EndSectio

I have gotten my information from this url
http://www.e-laptop.com/catalog/toshiba/4000cdt.shtml

AHA
TIA, Morten.
--
DetEr.dk - Rules are made to control the fun.