Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 03:12:33 +0100
From:      Christian Reiss <email@demonlord.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radeon x1600

Greetings people!

I am using FreeBSD for quiet some years now, and I just recently
upgraded my PC. Along came a Radeon x1600 (PCIE). Before that I
was a happy-happy joy-joy nvidia (-module) user - it just worked. ;)

Now I am having a dickens of a time to get the Radeon x1600 working
under Xorg (latest) to work - even 2D would suffice. But google'ing
around just yielded my own questions in several forums.

The ati and radeon drivers (native from xorg, which i am using
out of a currents ports tree) did not work with that card.
Unless, of course, some magic incantations are required.
Just to be on the safe side, I am hording virgin blood right now.

Using the vesa driver my screen yells "input not supported", and
forcing the vesa driver didnt work out. I got a TFT that can, and
should do 1280x1024.

Using FreeBSD 6.0 Patch 4.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Kind regards,