Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:39:28 -0700
From:      "Paul Fu, Jr." <quark@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Netgear FA311TX card

Thanks for all of the suggestions regarding my earlier installation
difficulties. After yanking both the ethernet and the sound cards, I
was able to complete installation.

However, now I am trying to install the ethernet card, a Netgear
FA311 card , without any success. I've tried using the 3rd ed of
Lehey's The COmplete FreeBSD as a guide.

I've tried to rebuild the kernel with:

device	pn

as the driver for my ethernet card (it was in a table of network
interfaces in the book).

After running config, it says that 'pn' is an unknown device. I then
make depend/make/make install the kernel, reboot, go to configure the
interface ... and it isn't there.

I try to 'sh MAKEDEV pn0' in /dev; same thing. No luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul