Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:49:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Sander <jim@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: allow access of root user

> Actually, if it is an applet (the one I've used is) then the java applet
> security model will keep them from sending anything to anyone except the
> host that served the applet.

   Good point- didn't think of that at the time, and in the situation that
prompted this discussion it would be effective. (unless your JVM
implementation was buggy in that respect) The general case, and
specifically the reference I gave, is different though- you specify the
host to connect to, so hopefully the programmer didn't log your info and
present it with his thesis. :)

-=Jim=-