Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:59:49 PST
From:      "Anand Natarajasundaram" <annatara@hotmail.com>
To:        scqdaf@globalserve.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port on PowerPC

Hi

>>--Anand Natarajasundaram wrote..

>> I have a PowerPC 603e based hardware. I intend to have  FreeBSD
running
>> on it. Is there a FreeBSD port on PowerPC ?

>--Dennis wrote  <mailto://scqdaf@globalserve.net>
>
>  What kind of PowerPC hardware are you using?  A PowerMac or a
PReP/CHRP
>machine from someone like FirePower or Motorola?

   I have a embedded 603e Compact PCI board. It has PCI bus No 0,1
In bus No : 1 7 Compact PCI slots reside. The board has
 ethernet, SCSI, IDE, ISA devices plus an onboard 16MB DRAM/EDO SIMM's
and 512K cache,Flash,bootROM.

>--Dennis wrote..

> If its a Mac, you have the option of MkLinux or LinuxPPC, provided
your
>machne is supported (basically, if its a 7200 or newer)
>
> If its a generic PPC-based PC, the only UNIX option I'm aware of is
IBM's
>AIX for PowerPC.

           I have VxWorks, pSOS ported on it.
Since it is PCI system I have option of MkLinux, LinuxPPC.
I plan to have a BSD kernel on it. It seems NetBSD , OpenBSD have
PPC ports. But I don't know whether they  have drivers for the devices
in my board.

bye
anand