Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:29:19 +0900
From:      song <song@direct.ksp.nis.nec.co.jp>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   question about ifconfig in FreeBSD4.5

Hello:
  I met a question when use FreeBSD4.5.Could you answer for me?

  I created a interface named tun0 and wanted to established a IPV6
address fot it.  So I executed this command:

   ifconfig tun0 inet6 2001::1 2001::2 alias

  But I got a error message as this:

   ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument

  I have executed the same command on another computer installed
FreeBSD4.3 and there wasn't any problem.

  what diffrents are between FreeBSD4.5 and the version before about
IPV6 ?

  Wait your answer.Thank you so much.

songgang