Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:56:57 -0500
From:      Chen Xu <xuc@mcbi-34.med.nyu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SMC1663 card supported?

Hi All,

I was trying to add an ISA SMC network card to my 486 running 3.2.

From the info I got from win95 in the same box(on different disk), I
knew the irq is 12, address is 0x200 - 02f8. Win95 says it's NE2000
compatible.

When I boot freebsd 3.2 GENERIC kernel. It saw the cars as (NE/SMC1663
...), but

device ed0 not found on 0x200.

I played with boot -c to config it manaully, still can not see ed0. And
the irq, address values I changed could not be saved to
/boot/kernel.conf.

Is this card OK (I know NE2000 is supported) or I have to recompile the
kernel to build a custom one first to make it work?

ANy suggestions and advices?

--
Chen Xu         xuc@saturn.med.nyu.edu          xuchen66@yahoo.com
Structural Biology Program                      Tel: (212)263-1596