Date:      Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:45:23 -0700
From:      Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com>
To:        dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: external hard drive

I re-installed the system last night. Weather was bad and I decided to
close work down early.
I got to thinking about it, and simply did a search for "da*" in the
device directory. It came up with "da0" and "da0s1". "da0" produces
errors. "da0s1" loaded my Buslink external HD fine. Problem solved for
that drive.

The small drive enclosure is a different matter.... The computer lights
the power light up on the case, and causes the drive to make that
ticking noise. But if I do a hotplug, I don't get any notices the way
that I do with the Buslink HD. I'm beginning to think that I may have
been mistaken about FreeBSD seeing this drive last spring. It doesn't
appear to see it now. Or, else it sees it as something different.

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590