Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 15:49:02 -0700
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        "James B. Wilkinson" <jimmy@CS.cofc.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP Illustrated, vol 2

> This book seems to be essentially the annotated source for the BSD
> 4.4 networking code. Can anybody tell me whether it is still current
> enough to use with today's FreeBSD source in a networking course?

A lot has changed.  The theory is often similar but a lot of details have
changed.
I recommend a close reading of any source you're going to use in class.

cvs on a mirrored repository is your friend.

Later,
Geoprge

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
Neville-Neil Consulting                                	www.neville-neil.com

"I learn only to be contented."  inscription at Ryoan-ji in Kyoto, Japan