Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Peterson <matt@peterson.org>
To:        <nigel@9fs.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wavelan driver and Windows 98

Firmware version, Lucent/Orinoco added true ad-hoc support (IBSS vs. their
propitiatory "Ad-hoc demo mode") in version 6.16.  I haven't tried upgrading
to the latest (7.28), but be warned flaky versions have existed before.

Maybe "someone" can add a field to display firmware version in wicontrol
(already exists for ancontrol)?

--Matt Peterson
  Bay Area Wireless Users Group <http://www.bawug.org/>;