Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:46:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        bduk@earthlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printer compatibility

   Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:01:01 -0800 (PST)
   From: Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>

   It would be nice if it said something to that effect in LINT.  It does
   show tty (not net) in LINT, but there's no comment anywhere as to why
   it shows that and nothing to indicate that looking at that line would
   reveal anything about that.  Would I use send_pr to submit diffs for
   the LINT file to that effect?

Yes.  Note, however, that the GENERIC kernel file *does* include a
paragraph explaining this point.  If you asked me, I'd say that was a more
appropriate place.  If you were going to add one additional piece of
documentation, I'd suggest the ppc man page rather than the LINT file.

 - Lowell