Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 23:12:01 +1000
From:      alasdair@iprimus.com.au
To:        "Norberto Meijome" <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to access certain sites from FreeBSD 6.2

Thanks Norberto,
Makes sense to do it the other way round.  If I could indulge your generosity
and knowledge, one thing is puzzling me, why do I not have this problem when
I am running Win XP on the same machine (dual boot with FreeBSD) using all
the same hardware. Or when running NetBSD on my desktop machine but with
the same network. Seems strange that FreeBSD, which generally works really
well out of the box, cannot 'just deal' with this problem. I realise that
it is not FreeBSD's problem per se, but a badly configured router somewhere
'out there', just seems that it must be common enough for some part of the
OS to handle it without needing any tweaking. FreeBSD seems great, I am in
the process of migrating from NetBSD so am quite used to configuring as necessary,
does FreeBSD 7 encounter this situation?

Regards,

Alasdair