Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:17:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Steve Reames <reames@diskdrive.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall crash on install

I've never seen anything like that, but try booting in verbose mode to see
if that tells you anything.  Any error messages could be helpful to those
in the know.  When you see the boot loader press any key for a prompt, do
that and type boot -v.   That may give you some detail as to why.
	Otherwise try to get new floppies and create the bootdisks again.
Errors on the disk surface can cause some crazy booting problems, since
the bootdisks use every sector on the disk.
	I assume the problem is repeatable?  If it wigs out at different
spots in the boot process then you would of course be led to suspect
hardware flakiness.  Even if not, try different memory or a different
hard drive or floppy drive etc.  Play with the hardware, lots of different
combinations if you can.  It may surprise you.

						Tim