Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:28:48 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Jerry Murdock <jerry_murdock@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux Emulation - fstat64 errors on 4.4

In the last episode (Sep 25), Jerry Murdock said:
> I'm getting the console message 3 times:
>
> linux: syscall fstat64 is obsoleted or not implemented
>
> When trying to run a linux binary that otherwise appears to work fine.

Linux's libc will fall back to the 32-but file calls if the 64-bit
calls are not available.

> I found some messages in the archive implying that it had been fixed,
> but if so, it evidently didn't make into 4.4.

The commits were made to -current; I doubt it will be MFC'd until a
RedHat 7.1 userland works with it (there are apparently still issues).

> Does anyone know the official status of this?  Any idea one when
> -stable will see a fix?
>
> Is there a way to disable these messages?

At the bottom of /sys/compat/linux/linux_util.h, either comment out or
add an if(verbose) to the printf in unsupported_msg(), and rebuild your
kernel.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com