Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 22:10:52 +0200
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   konqueror plugins

I've got 2 issues with konqueror.

Flash-plugin:

I have installed .../www/flashplugin/ and kdebase2 with
lesstif/netscape-plugin support. But I still have no flashplayer working.

Running nspluginscan I get following:

nspluginscan: Checking library /usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so
nspluginscan:  - opening/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING:
library=/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so:
file=/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so:
/usr/local/lib/netscape/plugins/libswf.so: invalid file format
nspluginscan:  - open failed, skipping

What went wrong her? Also tried the linux-flashplayer... didn't do
anything.

Java:

I've installed .../java/linux-jdk/ and it works... somewhat. It's pretty
darn slow and unresponsive. Yeah, I know that java by nature *is* slow but
the thing is that my CPU is hardly used. Just hanging idle there. Why
isn't more resources allocated to the javavm?

Bjarne