Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 10:12:05 +0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@guate.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccards malfunctioning after upgrade to 2.2.7

I just upgraded my laptop from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 (and from PAO-980430 to
PAO-980913)
and something odd is happening to my pccards...

1st the good news... before 2.2.7 i could only use one pccard slot (0),
now i can use both

now the bad news... the ethernet card (megahertz) is detected and
configured correctly,
but the rtt's are in the range of 2 to 3 SECONDS!!! for the local
ethernet... it worked fine
before the upgrade. and the modem (motorola montana) has something weird
too, when i
use tip to connect to it, it's always one char behind. for instance, if
i type ATZ, it echoes
AT. when i type <ENTER> it echoes the Z and finally i have to type
another <ENTER> to
get the modem to hangup. btw, it doesn't connect to anything, not even
at a slow speed and
not even dialing manually.

anybody has any idea why is this happening???

thanks a lot...

-oscar