Date:      Sat, 12 May 2007 02:12:43 -0500
From:      WizLayer <wizlayer@gmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD, Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jack Barnett <jackbarnett@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: temp

--nextPart3082564.CFr8gCtTcN

On Friday 11 May 2007 11:57:11 pm you wrote:
> It's a fairly high end board (for it's day of course), I don't know if
> I'd call it a "winboard" :)
>
> Tyan MPX 2466n-4m
>
> The chipset is also fairly standard and well supported:
> AMD 760 MP
> ( AMD-762 north bridge & AMD-766 south bridge on this specific board)
>
> All their tech specs on this chipset can be found here:
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_1130=
,0
>0.html
>
> Thanks for looking into this for me!  If you need any more documents
> let me know what your looking for and I'll dig around AMDs site some
> more... they are usually good at releasing specs and helping the open
> source community, but there site is kind of cumbersome at times. :)
>  How long does it usually take ya for an update like this?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -J
>
> On 5/12/07, WizLayer <wizlayer@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 11 May 2007 10:36:27 pm you wrote:
> > > hrm, thanks.   It gives me voltage, but doesn't report any of the
> > > temperatures.
> > >
> > > Under windows there are at least 6 different temp monitors I can
> > > watch.  This only reports 255.0, 0, 0
> > >
> > > I've tried both chipset options.  It's a Tyan dual AMD MP board.

> > Then check to see if they have drivers or are willing to share their
> > specs with the open source communities so that we can build their drive=
rs
> > for them...  Don't know what else to tell you.  If they're not helping
> > the developers help them, then they're stuck in the mud without support=
=2E=20
> > That's their fault.  Call them and complain.
> >
> > BTW...  I get the same thing because likewise, this vendor is just as
> > irresponsible.  Oh well...  I won't buy from them again because sometim=
es
> > stupid just can't be fixed.
> >
> > Sorry couldn't be of more help other than to tell you that it sounds li=
ke
> > we have WinMobos (ie not worth the card the circuitry is printed on)
> >
> > WizLayer

Top-posting is a very windowsy thing to do, and leaves the reader to have t=
o=20
deal with a backwards conversation...

Speaking of...  Just check out your devd.conf manpage, and do a man sysctl =
and=20
man sysctl.conf.  Providing that you have ACPI enabled, you should have the=
=20
stuff there already.  With devd.conf, you can set your action points (alarm=
s,=20
suspend, play "Ice Ice Baby.mp3," shutdown, email someone, dial Mom... =20
Whatever).  Just kidding about the Ice part...  Don't do it.  :)

=46or a quickie-look at where you are right now, do a=20
sysctl -a | grep thermal | grep temp=20
(just grep thermal to see what the rest of the stuff is that you may want t=
o=20
play with)....  and have fun.

WizLayer

=2D-=20