Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:29:50 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2 and some 4.2-Beta remarks

FC> I don't know *why* this bug happens, but on my system, choosing the
FC> logout command a second time works.

It seems to have something to do with the aRts sound system.  On my
desktop box, the sound server only produced static whenever KDE tried
to play a sound, so I disabled it.  Suddenly the Logout function
started working reliably.  It does take it a few seconds to actually
log out, but it works.

Has anyone worked on getting the sound system working?

Anonther issue I have is the mounting of file systems doesn't work
when double-clicking a CD-ROM device icon.  It returns an error
message from mount saying that the "-t" option needs an argument.  I'm
not sure where in KDE to look to fix this for FreeBSD.

Also, the konsole program fails to chown the pty/tty and log it into
utmp.  It runs ok from a terminal window, but if launched from a menu
item, it causes a SIGABRT and dies.  Anyone have ideas on tracking
that down?