Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:01:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Funny mail

I use fetchmail to download my email from my ISP.  I watch it as it
downloads message 1 of 5, message 2 of 5, etc...  Then I start my MUA
and read my mail.

The problem is that, using that example of 5 emails, sometimes when I
go to read them, there's only four listed, even though I just sat and
watched it download five of them.  It doesn't happen every time, but
if I download my email three times a day, one of them probably "drops"
an email like that.

I'm running 3.4-STABLE with the base-installation of sendmail and a
standard ports-installed fetchmail.

/etc/sendmail.cf is pretty standard, with only DS, DM and Dj changed
from its install state.

I am using emacs RMAIL as my MUA.  Emacs version is 19.34b.

There are no other users on my system to get email for.  'ls
/var/mail/' only shows my one user account.  It's not going to root,
and as far as I can tell, it's not going to anyone else either.

Looking at /var/log/maillog, sendmail seems to think that all five of
them were indeed sent to the local user as intended.

I'd be happy to oblige any requests for additional information.  Thank
you for your time.

--
Derrick Baumer - Black Duck Software
        <bduk@earthlink.net>