Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:09:22 -0500
From:      "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@web.us.uu.net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        "David J. MacKenzie" <djm@web.us.uu.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: full PAM support for login, rshd, and su

> > Doesn't that deserve at least a README in /usr/src/crypto and /usr/src/contrib?
>
> There is one :-)

Yes, technically there is one in /usr/src/crypto.  But it's so vague that I had
read it at least twice, and still didn't realize the implications of what it says.
And there isn't one in /usr/src/contrib (in -stable after my cvsup yesterday).

Here's what /usr/src/crypto/README currently says:
$FreeBSD: src/crypto/README,v 1.2.2.1 2000/07/31 12:26:51 alex Exp $

This directory is for the EXACT same use as src/contrib, except it
holds crypto sources.  It is the result of an old USA law, which
made these sources export controlled, so they had to be kept seperate.
I'd like to see something like this added to make it clearer: