Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 22:13:45 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID5 capacities / usable drive space ...

'K ... I'm going to be setting up a server to test my knowledge here, but,
I've had someone tell me: "the fact that you need a minimum of three
drives in Raid 5, so a three drive configuration in Raid5 is not hot
swappable nor will it boot with less than three working drives." ....

My understanding was that if I had three drives in a RAID5 configuration,
and one died, the file system would still function with the 2 drives ...

Thanks ...