Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:25:14 +0100
From:      Peter Blok <peter.blok@bsd4all.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   regression after FreeBSD-EN-15:17.libc

Dear hackers,

I have a strange problem with signal handling after the above errata was =
implemented. It exposes itself after a slogin to a =
FreeBSD-10.2-RELEASE-p7 and pressing Ctrl-C. It terminates the csh and =
disconnects. This happens on two systems, one physical Octacore Atom and =
on a virtual system at Hetzner. Both systems are in production and =
amd64.

Sources are in sync with svn. .cshrc is standard.

I have tried to setup different test systems - one quad core Xeon and =
one VMWare Fusion, running the exact same code, but they don=E2=80=99t =
exhibit the problem.

Besides the termination of the csh, I have seen corruptions in a db5 =
database, after reboots. For example the sshguard database was garbled =
after reboot. My suspicion is that it is signal related, caused by =
reboot. This is why I am investigating further.

I had a feeling it happened after the above errata change was =
implemented. If I backout the changes everything works ok. If I put them =
back in, it fails again.

Checked the changes, but I can=E2=80=99t see anything wrong with them in =
relation to the problem.

Some other data points.

- it doesn=E2=80=99t happen with ksh93
- it doesn=E2=80=99t happen after "exec csh -F=E2=80=9D   which =
doesn=E2=80=99t use vfork

At one time I used ktrace and noticed the signal was delivered twice.

I=E2=80=99ll make an exact clone of the Hetzner image and try to =
reproduce it, but any other advice is welcome.

Peter=