Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:52:35 +0100
From:      Jean-Michel DRICOT <jdricot@ulb.ac.be>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IDE cdwriter & burning problems

Hello,

I have an ATAPI CD-R (Philips cdd3610). Every time I try to burn an ISO
image I have no problem at all.
But when trying to burn an audio track, I always get (after about 1
min.) this error message:

/kernel: atapi1:0: ERROR 6, status=50<ready,opdone>, error=0

I use the script given in /usr/local/share/examples/atapi/burnaudio. My
release is 3.0. My HDD is NOT on CD-R line.
They are on 2 separate controllers integrated to the motherboard. The
system is i586  200MHz, 64 Mo RAM, brand new HDDs.
I do NOTHING else while burning (it is a home workstation)...

What could it be ?

Thnaks for helping.

[End User License Agreement:  By opening this message you show your
agreement to spend the rest of your life vigorously opposing the oppressive
Microsoft marketing philosophy.]

Dricot Jean-Michel
3eme Annee du grade d'Ingenieur Civil Informaticien
Universite Libre de Bruxelles - Ecole Polytechnique

e-mail: jdricot@ulb.ac.be