Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 12:22:56 +0200
From:      Jelle Posthuma <jelle.posthuma@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Shane Ambler <Shane@007Marketing.com>
Subject:   Re: Asus Vintage (P4S800-MX) ACPI problem?

Shane Ambler wrote:
> I have been running 5.3 release on a P4S800-MX motherboard without issue for
> several months.
>
> I have always used - shutdown -r now to reboot
> and shutdown -h now to shutdown which stops the kernel but doesn't turn off
> the hardware.
>
> Reboot and halt work on mine.

Hmmmmm, it seems although specifications imply that the motherboard used
in the Vintage barebone is the P4S800-MX it actually is a different one.
I've tried to update the bios (to 1010c.awd) but this failed and
produces the error message indicating the bios is not compatible in dos:
"failed to find system bios hook".

The Asus website supplies a specific bios for the Vintage barebone. I'm
beginning to think that might be the origin of my reboot problem ;-(

Thanks for your fast reply.