From:      Matt Rohrer <rohrer@hawaii.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   unable to swap to /dev/wd0s1b

I'm trying to install 3.3 to a brand new Maxtor drive. In the
disklabel editor I get the message "Unable to swap to /dev/wd0s1b: Device
not configured. This may cause intallation to fail at some point if you
don't have a lot of memory.

This is true. I've attempted to install many times (Cyrix 133 w/16 megs
RAM) and get a dump every time. My question is, how can I "configure the
device" so that the swap space will work? The system I'm installing on has
nothing but the fresh drive, a cdrom and a floppy drive.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

-Matt