Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2013 10:43:52 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        Jim Ballantine <j.ballantine@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Package database

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Jim Ballantine <j.ballantine@gmail.com>wrote:

> My /var/db/pkg has become corrupt, and I can't find an archive of it to
> install in it's place.  Does one exist and if so where?  If not any ideas
> on
> how to rebuild the db?

Are you using PKGng or the old pkg_* tools?

Meaning, is your data stored as individual files under
/var/db/pkg/PORTNAME/*, or as a single sqlite database under /var/db/pkg?

If using PKGng, there's a backup copy under /var/db/backup*

If using the older pkg_* tools, you're screwed.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com