Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 1998 14:04:25 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      "Thomas D. Simes" <simestd@alaska.net>
To:        Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
Cc:        Hallam Oaks P/L list account <maillist@oaks.com.au>, "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rc.firewall (was Re: Large-scale scan of SNMP ports)

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Andrew McNaughton wrote:

> So far I don't understand a lot of what I found in icmp.h about these
> codes, so presumably I'll have to dig out the appropriate RFC in order to
> get a broader understanding of what icmp does and what I want to concern
> myself with.

You might take a look at:

http://www.livingston.com/Tech/Technotes/300/300010.html

It's the RFC-1700 info in a handy format - Thanks Livingston ;-)

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                            Chief Technology Instigator
simestd@alaska.net                              Internet Alaska