Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 11:13:13 -0400
From:      Dutch Collins <dutch@charm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   will editing locale.dir cause problems

1) I man -k locale and noticed locale is referenced in a lot of
   places. A long read at best.

2) Will I buy strange and unbelievable problems if I remove all
   non-English references and files, doc, handbooks, FAQs?

3) Cannot decide if editing locale.dir and locale.alias is a
   a good idea. Deleting anything? No clue what will happen.

I believe just deleting files and not deleting references in
locale.dir & .alias is safe. Just unsure.

-d