Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:32:01 +0800
From:      Joerg Micheel <joerg@krdl.org.sg>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        David Ramahefason <rama@easynet.fr>, freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, brandt@fokus.gmd.de
Subject:   Re: Uni 4.0 support ??

Andrzej,

On Tue, Aug 04, 1998 at 10:25:59AM +0200, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, David Ramahefason wrote:
> > I'd like to know if ther is a Uni 4.0 support for
> > ATM under FreeBSD...
>
> You may want to check the HARP (Host ATM Research Platform) package, which
> runs quite well on FreeBSD 2.2.x. It supports UNI3.0, but full sources are
> available, so that you can rewrite the signalling manager to include
> UNI3.1 and 4.0 messages. HARP also supports SPANS (Fore proprietary
> signalling) if you use the Fore card (I'm not sure I can recommend it,
> though... ;-)

Yes, HARP might do the job, and UNI 3.0 is not that far from UNI 3.1, thats
correct. However, the difference between Q.SAAL and SSCOP is significant, it
seems rather like an implementation from scratch.

	Joerg
--
Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <joerg@krdl.org.sg>
SingAREN Technology Center		Phone: +65 7705577