Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:10:41 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@cwbone.bsi.com.br>
To:        Daniel Kligerman <kligs@gold.interlog.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Win95 to FreeBSD through Ethernet

On Sat, 3 Aug 1996, Daniel Kligerman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am relatively new to FreeBSD and am looking for information on how to
> allow my Win95 machine to get to the Internet through my FreeBSD
> machine.  The FreeBSD machine is connected via ISDN using user PPP.  The
> two machines are connected via Ethernet, and the cards are working
> properly in both machines (configured as ed0 in FreeBSD).

Hello Daniel.

I have made a "package" of the socks5 that does what you need.
There is also a cached package for cache of ftp & http that works nice
under W95.

Define your inside network as 192.168.x.x and let the proxy software do
the job.
Configure your netscape to proxy and address server to 192.168.x.x.
via config->network->proxys->manual->view.

The packages are on ftp://ftp.bsi.com.br/pub/FreeBSD/packages

Sergio Lenzi.

Unix consult.