Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 20:22:50 +1000
From:      Steven Lawrance <steven@sia.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   EN2242 MiniPCI NIC

G'day.

I've just bought a new Toshiba Satellite 1710CDS, which has a MiniPCI
NIC onboard.  On booting a recent -stable kernel, with a 4.0-RELEASE
installation (is that a bad idea?  I don't have a newer cd to install
from, and I need the NIC running to upgrade) I get the following
output from the kernel:

dc0: <Accton EN2242 MiniPCI 10/100BaseTX> irq 10 at device 17.0 on pci0
dc0: couldn't map ports/memory
device_probe_and_attach: dc0 attach returned 6

Any suggestions?  Should I try -current?

--
Steven Lawrance | DHS 1024/0x76F301DE
stl@koffein.net | RSA 2048/0x9F030653