Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:46:24 -0700
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with 3 peer-to-peer wireless cards

I have two zoomair 802.11 2Mb/sec cards in an ad-hoc (peer to peer)
network with one of the nodes serving as a dhcp server and gateway.
This was working without incident for about a year.

Today I brought home a third laptop with an orinoco 11Mb/sec card.  I
configured the profile to be a peer to peer and added the SSID.  The
new node came up and connected fine.

But when I try to run all three simultaneously I have problems.
The result is that the gateway node and either ONE of the remaining
two nodes works, but all three together causes the gateway's link
to repeatedly drop and rescan for connection.

Any ideas what's wrong?

thanks!