Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 12:11:34 -0700
From:      John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>
To:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: File Systems and Disk Space

Thomas Dean wrote:

> > I did the make clean, on /usr/src, /usr/ports, and /sys/compile.
> > Afterwards, I did a df and /usr is just as full as before. Why is that?
>
> Did you see any error messages?

I don't think so.

> I lost your original post.  What does df show?

It showed the /usr partition being at 98% of capacity (434783 of 479783 *1k*
blocks, apparently). Actually, I did a search of the questions list archives
yesterday to see if I could remove most of /usr/src. I removed all but
/usr/src/sys, plus /usr/X11R6/src. Now, I'm at around 70%.

I guess that solves it, for now.

Thanks.
John Derk <johnderk@infoserve.net>