Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 18:55:52 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        george vagner <vagner@infomagic.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 68hc11

george vagner wrote:

> i noticed there were some compilers for the 68hc11 and some
> other stuff so naturally i wanted to see if it was
> possible to make a really small freebsd os for my
> home brewed 68hc11 computer that i could use thru the
> serial port.
>
> i was thinking if the rom was too small i could
> use the spi interface to run the os.
>
> just a thought....

Hmmm... I may have read your original mail wrongly, in which case I
apologize... If your goal is to run FreeBSD on the 68hc11 (with the spec
you've provided) - I don't think it's possible (due to the limited RAM, and
the actual CPU)...

With FreeBSD it's certainly possible (through the cross compilers etc.) to
write 68hc11 code, and move it over to the chip - but it's not possible to
compile FreeBSD to run on the 68hc11...

-Kp