Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 1996 15:39:57 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        imb@scgt.oz.au, stable@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2842 and the disappearing file-system :-(

>> >He has a VESA controller... brain farts are contagious!
>>
>> He has a VESA controller that uses an EISA probe and so is
>> also affected.
>
>Ah.  That's broken. 8-(.  This must be a VESA/EISA box for it to
>see the EISA signature and hit the EISA code?

The eisaconf code always probes for eisa ids if it is configured
in your system.  It hasn't caused any conflicts on any system that
I've seen, and since we have at least one device driver that would
have to copy the same probe code in order to work, I decied to make
eisaconf work this way.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations