Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:32:37 +1100
From:      "Lachlan O'Dea" <lodea@vet.com.au>
To:        Danny <dannyh@alpha.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Howto Open dmailweb.cgi so I can customize it?

On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 07:41:10AM +0000, Danny wrote:
> Hello
>
> - how do I open dmailweb.cgi with this type of file
> - I have tried "pico dmailweb.cgi"
>
> - I have attached a copy of "file dmailweb.cgi >> somefile" for you
> http://netwinsite.com

> dmailweb.cgi: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

This is telling you it is a binary executable, it's not a "script". It's
probably a compiled C program. The only realistic option for changing it
is to get the source, make the change and then re-compile it.

--
Lachlan O'Dea <mailto:lodea@vet.com.au>   Computer Associates Pty Ltd
Webmaster                                   Vet - Anti-Virus Software

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of
civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson