Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:56:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brad Buran <bburan@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing FreeBSD 3.4 on hewlett packard

Hello,

I downloaded the ISO images for FreeBSD 3.4 and burned cd's off of these
images.  I managed to boot my Pentium I hewlet packard off the cdrom, and
successfully created a BSD filesystem, and reached the prompt where it
begins copying /bin from the cd to the hard drive.  however, at this
point, the system freezes, and nothing actually gets copied.  I suspect
the problem is an error with the CD rom drive, but I would appreciate any
advice you guys have.

Please note that this is a Hewlett Packard, which is fairly old and
contains quite a bit of proprietary hardware, plus there is no modem or
ethernet, so i cannot install of the iNet.

Any help is appreciated
Thank you
Brad