Date:      Wed, 28 Dec 94 18:49:34 EST
From:      "Shawn F. Mckay" <shawn@fenchurch.mit.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   FreeBSD2.0+Zoom250Internal

Wow, am I impressed! I have 2.0 up and have been playing with it for
a little while, and considering the major stuff done to it, I'm VERY
impressed! A word of congratulations is called for here! :-)

=============================

On a separate note, if I might... I have a Zoom250 Internal modem, and
have it set up as COM3/IRQ5 (0x3e8). I noticed that DOS can see the modem
and work with it just fine. But FreeBSD cannot. Is this because its not
seeing a 16550A? Is there something I can do to fake it?

Since DOS isnt all that smart and it works with DOS OK, could it just be
using the BIOS? Can I force a single port to use the BIOS for now if need
be?

				Thanks!
				 - Shawn

Shawn F. Mckay					  Phone: 617-253-2583
Dept. of Electrical Eng. & Computer Science	  Email: shawn@eddie.mit.edu
M.I.T. / Room 38-388 / Cambridge, MA  02139 / USA
http://eddie.mit.edu/~shawn/shawn.html            PGP Key available on request