Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:34:33 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptop for -current

On 2004-07-23 13:38:31 (+0400), Toxa <postfix@senmail.ru> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 08:02:35AM +0400, Maxim Maximov wrote:
> > Philip Paeps wrote:
> > > I've been fairly happy with all kinds of Asus laptops.  About the only
> > > things not working for me are the winmodems (grmbl) and (only on some
> > > models) irda.  ACPI is fairly decent, particularly on the more recent
> > > models.  Stay away from the L3H, that one's a bit of a pain.
>
> not all asus models are supported asus s2n is unsupported, i've to hack
> acpi_asus a little bit to make it work very nice laptop btw

All patches welcome :-)

I've been meaning to sync the supported modules in acpi_asus with the Linux
acpi4asus list, but I never seem to get around to it.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't CC me, I am
                                                 subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #148:
    Insert coin for new game