Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 09:22:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>
To:        dimon@ids.pl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree & i810

Hi Dmitry,

In local.freebsd-questions you write:

>is there any possibility of installing such XServer on FreeBSD, and how
>can I make it? Help me please - I don't want switch to Linux....

Warning: I have not done this yet, I just had the same question, so I
searched the mailing list archives.  If I remember correctly, you
need to:

 - build the XFree86 4.0 port (cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4; make install)
 - create the agpgart device (cd /dev; sh MAKEDEV agpgart)
 - configure XFree to use driver "i810" with option "no_accel"

All this probably assumes a relatively recent version of FreeBSD (I'm
running -STABLE as of yesterday, so I don't know whether 4.1-RELEASE
is recent enough).  I suppose that if MAKEDEV knows about the
"agpgart" device, and if the Xfree86-4 port contains a
"patches/patch-i810" patch, you're in good shape.

   $.02,
   /Mikko
--
 Mikko Työläjärvi_______________________________________mikko@rsasecurity.com