Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:03:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Igor Serikov <bt@turtle.pangeatech.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openssh & FreeBSD 4.0: X11frorwarding

  Alfred,

 The settings are:

  X11Forwarding yes
  X11DisplayOffset 10

 When the forwarding is disabled sshd rejects the request immediately.
 The debugging message bellow is issued by the local ssh client
 after it failed to match the protocol name (MIT_MAGIC-COOKIE-1).
 When looking to tcpdump listing I couldnot find any place where
 the cookie was sent to ssh-captured port. Yet, the client
 itself works with old sshd on another machine. So, the problem
 is obviously somewere on the server side.

  Thanks,
   Igor.