Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:49:37 -0500
From:      hawk <hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cheap/free Xserver n32 for a unix-phobic administrator?

The cost matters less than the ability to to assure a unix-phobic
campus administrator about security :)

ALl it really needs to do is let a windows machine on the local
network run FreeBSD on my box.  Before I ask them to buy one,
though, I need to see what others have found--I've had bad experiences
running Xservers on non-unix--MI/X on a mac redrew so much that many
programs were unusable, and the otehr main one (my mind is blanking at
the moment) worked fine on my former boss's NT box to access
alpha's, but was a nightmare with debian (worked ok with RH, I think).

hawk