Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 17:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      bill fiore <dollarbilfjr@yahoo.com>
To:        Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fbsd2.2.1->fbsd4.0 are adaptec 1542 floppies supported?

I am sorry if i did not elaborate on which
controllers were enabled and when.

With the 1542 fdc controller enabled and the fdc
on the motherboard DISABLED ...I get the
direction bit and cmd 3 errors described below.

With the 1542 fdc controller DISABLED and the fdc
on the mother board ENABLED...I get NO fcd error
messages.

Does it make sense?...are floppies on the 1542
supported?
==================
--- Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, bill fiore wrote:
>
> > I get a fdc direction bit error and a
> > cmd 3 error during the boot up probe.
> >
> > If I move the floppy cable to the fdc
> controller
> > on the mother board, I dont get the errors?
>
> You are not describing your problem very well.
> Please elaborate.
>
> Make sure when one fdc is enabled, the other is
> disabled.  It may be that
> you can't disable the motherboard's fdc
> properly...

=====
William F. Fiore Jr. ($bilfjr)  <<<<< N.B. new address
88 harris av
cranston, R.I. 02910 USA
401-946-5703 USA EST (voice/vmail)
1-877-789-1992 USA (vmail/fax - toll free)
dollarbilfjr@yahoo.com
www.geocities.com/dollarbilfjr/dollarbilfjr.html