Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 13:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Johan Petersson <kjep@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Backup with CD-WR

Hi,

   I'm considering buying a CD-RW to use for backup under FreeBSD 2.2.6
and Windows 95. However, before I commit my self to anything I would need
to know if there is an easy way to back up a file system that is larger
than can be fitted onto one CD-RW? I guess one way would be to manually
setup the backup by selecting individual directories until one CD is
full, then skip to the next. It would be nice if this could be done
automatically, preferably so that a restore could be done simply by
copying the files back to the HD. Also, not having to use too much
temporary storage space would be nice, preferably only the 650MB needed
to fill the CD.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Regards
Johan